Friday, March 3, 2017

Creative Works Final Edition

  All that is left for me to do now is to let them cure for a few days and then seal them.



I haven't made up my mind exactly what resin figures I will be buying to place around these items on the shelf. I've seen some very colorful owls which are a possibility. I've seen some small resin birds with a channel under them that appears to clip down onto a flower pot edge. Those I saw at Dollar General. I still want to look at Family Dollar, Big Lots and Dollar Tree before I make up my mind.

Big Lots has some really cute fairy garden motifs that I saw in their weekly ad. Not sure how they look actually which is why I need to go there.DG and Family Dollar have the frogs and other garden motifs which also would work with the fairy motif pieces from Big Lots. With the careful purchase of a few dollar store items I can have a really interesting indoor garden idea happening on the shelf. 

I also need to check the craft stores for something to put in the pots. I don't think I want flowers, I'm hoping to find artificial greenery, maybe faux succulents for that. The pots are colorful enough without the addition of flowers. I'd have something that was too busy if I placed flowers in them.

So, I stopped to smell the roses and then I sowed pansies and reaped smiles. While doing these pieces I also found that the winter that returned this week after some really gorgeous spring days didn't give me a case of the winter blues. I need to remember when something bothers me that I can control the dreary with a paintbrush, a surface to work on and my own creativity. 

10 comments:

  1. You are very talented.
    Did you ever consider selling on e-bay?
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sell from a gift store here. The owner of the store sells nothing that isn't handmade. It's unique and beginning to get much better sales.

      Delete
  2. awesome! a little extra cash is always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making enough to keep me in paint, things to paint on and brushes is all I need.

      Delete
  3. Birds, resin birds. I love birds :-) These are all very nice, you did a great job Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to see everything available before I make up my mind.

      Delete
    2. Definitely ! It has to be something YOU like. I will cheer on the birds from afar (and quietly lol )

      Delete
    3. A closer look at the resin birds I saw at Dollar General made me less inclined to buy. I need to keep looking, they weren't as nice as they appeared at first glance.

      Delete
    4. I find a lot of nice things for cheap in the thrift stores here. But hey, it doesn't have to be birds, it could be kitties :-)

      Delete
    5. If I find what I want in birds I'll buy them but if I don't the shelf is fine exactly the way it is now.

      Delete