Wednesday, October 12, 2016

This And That

How do you write something when you have nothing to say? Scratch that. Maybe I should ask how do I have nothing to say when there's so much going on? I've been sitting here for the past half hour thinking that I want but can't put my finger on what it is I want. At the same time I'm content to sit here with a smile on my face, doing nothing.

I don't want to paint and I have to since I need to fill an order before I pack away everything for the move. My head is full of all the new things I'm going to need for my new home. I want to go shopping and yet I don't want to leave the house right now. Maybe tomorrow, maybe I better fill that order, maybe I should pack more things?

I will need lamps, drapes, an easy chair and a water cooler. There is no overhead lighting except in the kitchen and I don't have end tables so I'll need floor lamps for the time being. The computer chairs we use here in the living room will be in the office which leaves me without seating except for the sofa. My treasures will have to stay packed until we can find something suitable to display them on. Here I have built in shelves, there I have nothing.

We should be on track to move in by December 1. Would like to do it earlier but the electrical inspector says the overhead wires, which the power company needs to do something about, are bare. This is not anything we have to pay for but it may delay getting the power turned on in a timely manner. If it weren't for that I could have the power on by next week. Which would have meant we could start moving November 1. We still might be able to but I'm not counting on that.

Every day we are closer to making this move and that is all that matters. Well, that and being ready to move which is another thing entirely.


6 comments:

  1. How do you write something when you have nothing to say ? I think you just did ! Ugh, moving... Glad it is you and not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This move is giving me ADD. There's so much going on in my head that I keep straying from the chosen topic according to my mood.

      This move may kill me. My back hurts.

      Delete
  2. I'd be in big trouble if I had to pack stuff up to move! I'd rather just die here...than move! let somebody else do it after I'm gone...I hope they get the electric straightened out for you sooner rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The power company is going to turn it on before the middle of next week. This is bringing me closer to having to move. I'm 67 years old with 2 forms of serious arthritis. Pushing to get things done hurts and there's nothing I can do about it except keep working.

      Delete
  3. Hope the electric company gets their act together and you can soon get into your new home. Look forward to your first post after you move.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first post after I move may not happen right away. Due to the change in homes on the property the cable was disconnected from the home. I will have to pay for an installation rather than a self install.

      Delete