Saturday, October 1, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Got some pictures from inside my new home. It's been delivered to our land and leveled. This week they'll install the tie downs. Then all we have to do is extend the plumbing, connect the electric, and skirt it up.

It's 3 bedroom, 2 baths and I love the kitchen.




The stove slid away from the wall a full 2 feet during the move. We hadn't put it back when I took the pictures.

The living room.


There was a room I stepped into that made me smile. Someone who lived there was very creative with the decor and that will be the room I sit and paint in. I took a picture of a detail on the wall. It's only in one place although the wallpaper chair rail extends around the room.


My husband is going to put in place an area of patio blocks for the propane tanks we need for the furnace. He went under the home to see which direction the pipe extended. While under there he found that the original stove in the home wasn't an electric stove. They simply cut the pipe off and left the pipe open which means that this remodel of the kitchen didn't happen until spring of this year. Had it happened during the winter, the uncapped pipe would have allowed the propane to be released under the home and in the kitchen. 

I would say the remodel was entirely to add value to the home for the purpose of trade in on the double wide they bought. They spent $12,000 on just the kitchen plus all the windows are new. We bought the home from the dealer for $11,000. I guess they lost money, and we gained a perfect home for us. 

6 comments:

  1. that looks awesome! how much longer till you guys move in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should be moved in by Thanksgiving if everything goes smoothly. No later than Dec 1 we hope.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh it is gorgeous!!! All that waiting was worth it. I'm excited for you to move in 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope to be in there by Thanksgiving. The cabinets are hickory and while the countertops are not granite, they aren't cheap like mine are here. I love it!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, your home looks beautiful. Home ownership brings a real piece of mind.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case the peace of mind will happen once all the little snags in the plans get worked through. Like my beautiful new stove that was never used since it's electric and the prior owners never ran the wiring to it so it could be used.

      Delete